Baby gifts are the most bought out item out there. How do you decide what to give? It is especially hard for 2nd, 3rd or more babies. Since most of the parents no longer have baby registries after their first child and often already got all the stuff the first time around.
You really want to make sure that the present is unique to the second child.
3 things to consider for second time parent’s gift:
- Do not give out clothes as babies outgrow them way too fast
- Something that will live in long-term memory-consider personalized gifts
- Something unique but helpful at the same time-avoid Toys Rus gifts-too trivial
Below I have summarized 10 gifts under $100 that are unique and useful:
1.Babymoov Lunch Set – Happy Bear Family 5pc Kids Melamine
Beautifully packaged dinner time set is always useful.
- 5 pc set: 1 plate , 1 bowl, 1 cup, 1 fork, 1 spoon. Plate has 3 sections to keep foods seperated
2.ezpz Happy Mat
Meal time items are always a great gift since they get used and broken from the first child.
- all-In-One placemat + plate contains the mess
- Placemat suctions to any flat surface to reduce tipped bowls / plates
- Smiley face design puts kids in the right mood for a positive mealtime experience
3.Skip Hop Pronto Signature Changing Station
Most new parents always buy the biggest diaper bag available so gifting a small change bag for the second is pretty safe.
- Front zipper pocket for keys, wallet, phone, and personal items
- Drop it in any bag, strap it to your wrist or clip it to your stroller
- Pronto pillow keeps baby’s head comfy
- Mesh pocket holds up to four large diapers, creams and other essentials
- Translucent wipes case is see-through for timely reloads
4.Bubzi Co White Noise Sound Machine & Sleep Aid Night Light
Even if the parents already have a night light, they will want each child to have their own, so you can’t really go wrong.
- PLAYS TEN DIFFERENT LULLABIES AND TURNS OFF AFTER 30 MINUTES – Your baby will enjoy a range of gently lullabies including Minuet, Baa Baa Black Sheep and natural bird song as well as a heartbeat sound. Plus, our Soothing Sleep Owl makes your job easier by turning off automatically after 30 minutes when your baby is asleep.
- SOFT NIGHT LIGHT TO COMFORT YOUR BABY IN THE DARK – Press the light button to project a colorful galaxy of stars on the wall or ceiling in darkness. The light projection slowly fades into different colors to capture your baby’s attention and help to soothe them to sleep.
5.Elegant Baby Bath Wrap, Unicorn
Each child need their own bath towel and this one is just too adorable to overlook. Plus unicorns are all the rage lately.
Soft, warm & comfortable! Made from 100% cotton velour terry, these bath wraps are always extremely warm, insulating and absorbing.
- 23 inches x 31 inches
- Makes drying off fun and efficient
- Machine wash cold, tumble dry low
- Cool iron
6.Janod Nutty Ball Track
This toy is pretty unique and chances that someone will have it are small. It is made in France and is made from real wood, that is just too fancy to overlook.
- Beautifully designed and brightly colored
- Ball track game
- Watch the hazelnuts travel down 3 levels
- Recommended for children aged 12-36-Month
7.AT BRAIN TOYS DIMPL
This toy is pretty addictive, it is just like popping bubble wrap. You might just spent too much time playing with it yourself.
The brightly-coloured pillow of silicone can be pushed in and out, over and over again, strengthening fine motor skills. Inspires loads of giggles and hours of sensory exploration with the adorable, playful and durable Dimpl sensory toy.
8.SAGO MINI PILLOW PLAYSET
Parents will thank you for this gift. Most parents do not want to have their whole house covered with toys. This will allow kids to play with a pretend kitchen, doll house or doctor office and after they are done it just converts back to a pillow. Miracle!
- UNFOLD A PLAYSET: Stylish enough for grownups, fun enough for kids! unfold this minimalist throw pillow and discover a hidden dollhouse Playset, with vivid details, secret pockets and plush accessories!
- ENCOURAGE CREATIVE PLAY: Kids learn about building routines as they use the plush toothbrush, book and guitar accessories to help Robin (plush figure included) get ready for the day and get ready for bed. They can even use the attached shoelaces to practice tying their shoes!
- EASY TO CARRY AND WASH: Ideal for small spaces, the pillow Playset is a stylish addition to any couch, bed or playroom! pack it up and play on the go. 100% machine washable, this Playset is also easy to clean.
9.VAVA Night Light for Babies
A great alternative to the old school night light. It allows to have small light in the bedroom without interfering with other people sleeping with a touch of hand. Once the child gets older it can be their night time safety light.
- xpression stickers to play with: decorate the lamp with 20 cute facial expressions and turn it into your kid’s new favorite playmate. Facial expression adhesives bring a sense of fun and creativity to the LED lamp and turn it into your baby’s special companion
- Eye-caring LED: energy-efficient and eye-caring LED creates a uniform non-flickering light that doesn’t Hurt the eyes; color is adjustable between cool White and warm White
- Easy touch-control: nursery light, designed for children to learn and play with – touch the top to dim; touch the logo to adjust the light color, double tap the top to power off
- Up To 80 Hours: the best all-night companion for children to keep them feeling safe; great for new moms to use when breastfeeding at night (up to 80 hours on weak light mode), rechargeable
- IP65 waterproof: portable and waterproof design means you (and your children) can take the light on a family hiking/camping/Adventure trip, and even camping in the backyard
If money is no object:
This is really an amazing gift to the parents but very expensive. A toy for parents which helps them see the world through babies eyes. Have you ever wondered what babies see, now you can!
- Babeyes is an extra small HD smart camera, which is attached to the child’s cloth. This camera automatically records sequences of 20 seconds (from the point of view of the baby).
- All these sequences are transferred with a wire network to the parents’ computer (no wifi, no bluetooth). The unique Babeyes interface will then classify all these sequences according to the person on the video, the emotion detected …
- Parents will finally be able to use the Babeyes secured cloud as their baby’s digital memory.