What you need to know when choosing the right bag for your child: Top 10 things!
Not all bags are made equal, buying the right school bag is a very important decision that you need to make for your child.
Important things to look for when buying a backpack:
- Durability-can last through the year
- Lots of pockets, including water bottle pocket
- Adjustable and padded shoulder straps in order to adjust according to the child size
- Padded Back wall so it is easy on the back
- Size appropriate for the child’s age-there is no point having a huge backpack since lower grades do not get to carry a lot of books or homework
- Bag weight-you do not want a heavy backpack since there is enough things to make it even heavy. Bag weight should not be one of them.
- Style-not only does that bag should be trendy but it should match your child’s personality
- Waterproof-very important not to get the content inside wet when it rains
- Tough, abrasion-resistant bottom panel for all those times that your child drags the bag on the classroom floor
- Comfortable top grab handle-a child should be able to grab the backpack from the top if needed
Girls friendly bonus:
Small pocket to store Shopkins or any other small items