By the time your child turns 4, you already a huge mummy expert that is giving advise to all the new moms but there are still might be a few things you have not discovered. This list assumes that the child starts pre-school.
These books will become an integral part of your life as your child gets older. They are important tool to develop a sense of practice, hard work and homework. You start with the preschool level and if your child starts doing well, you can start using kindergarten level and grade 1. It is also important to set weekly and daily goals as well as rewards for great achievements.
Brain Quest Workbook: Pre-K: A whole year of curriculum
- Hundreds of curriculum-based activities, exercises and games in every subject
- Easy-to-follow explanations make learning fun, interactive, and concrete.
- Includes ABCs, 123s, tracing letters, mazes, shapes, colors, beginning sounds, sorting and matching, “what’s wrong with this picture” games, and much, much more.
2. Name Labels
Good quality name labels are a great investment that will help you keep track of all your child personal belongings. It is a good idea to invest in personalized onces in various size vs DIY option. They are waterproof and will last through many washes.
Kids Name Labels Dishwasher Safe Stickers
- Vinyl Stickers 2″ x 0.5″ Inches -100 Labels
- Multipurpose from clothes to water-bottles
- Many designs and colors
3. Sports Bag for activities such as dance or gym
It is a good idea to buy a personalized gym/dance bag for your child. This way you can keep all their items organized and by having a name on the bag they will be able to spot them right away. Including the first initial of their last name is also a good idea in case there is another child with a similar name. You can do it after market if the bag you like does noy come with personalization options.
A good bag should have a few compartments to keep shoes and clothes separately. Ideally it would also have a water bottle holder.
Girls Dance Duffel Crossbody Bag + Cosmetic Pouch Set
- Includes a zippered cosmetic pouch for storing small items
- Duffle Shaped Bag – can be used for dance or sports activities
- Wide Zipper Opening – Made for easy packing, unpacking and organizing bag’s contents
- Side Compartments – Easy way of organizing and separating towels, socks, brushes and other items
- Dance bag: 37 x 18 x 19 cm / 15 x 7 x 7.5 in (L x W x H); Cosmetic Pouch – 20 x 2 x 12 cm / 7.8 x 0.8 x 4.7 in (L x W x H)
4. Stainless steel Cup for water
Stainless steel cups are actually really great. They do not absorb smells, easy to clean and they keep the water keeps cool. Make sure to choose a cup without straws, just simple spout to avoid cleaning the straws.
Stephen Joseph Horse Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Hot Pink/Light Pink
- BPA Free, PVC free
- Washable and reusable
- Holds 13.5 ounces
- Leak-proof lid with cap
- Phthalate Free
- Not Expensive
5. Conditioner and detangler for hair
Having easy to brush hair will becomes one the most important things for your child, especially for girl. As the hair grows longer, it will tougher to brush and the last thing you want is a screaming match early in the morning. The reason I would not recommend using the conditioner earlier is that they would need to have the hair rinsed twice during wash which usually is a problem. Adding detangler after bath is also a good idea to help brush the hair tangles out.
Hip Peas Detangler
- Spray on wet or dry hair
- Releases tangles for effortless combing
- Increases shine, prevents static and eliminates frizz
- No artificial fragrances or colors and is free of parabens, sulfates (SLS), petrochemicals and phthalates
6. Cavity Protection Toothpaste
Proper dental hygiene is one of the most important things you can give to your child. Surprisingly enough by 1 year you already have to start flossing if your baby has more than 4 teeth. You will soon find out how fast the plaque builds up on those baby teeth. You should start slow with a few times a week only and gradually get to everyday by the time the baby is 18 months.
Gum Crayola Flossers Grape W Fluoride
- Grape Flavour chosen to motivate kids
- Fluoride on floss for the prevention of cavities between teeth
- Crayola crayon shape makes flossing fun and easy
- 3 Bright Colours
7. Lunch Bag
5 most important things in a lunch bag: ability to wash, insulation, compartments, quality and space.
Enough space and compartments to fit all the items and keep them cool. You do not want to keep buying new onces through the year so quality becomes a huge factor. You also want to regularly wash the bag to keep it clean.
Wildkin Horses in Pink Lunch Cooler
- Fully insulated core keeps lunch cold longerFood safe lining, PVC, BPA, and phthalate free
- Heavy-duty, adjustable shoulder strap
- Additional side and back pockets for easy-access storage
- Reflective tape for added safety
- Product Dimensions: 30.5 x 10.2 x 20.3 cm ; 227 g
8. Hand Sanitizer Wipes
Hand sanitizing is very important to prevent the spread of microbes as your child gains more independence. It is a good habit to develop with your child to use a sanitizing wipe every time they sit down to each lunch. The are more natural options on the market. The best option is individually wrapped wipes so that they can be taken anywhere.
Wet Ones Antibacterial Citrus Scented Hand
- Antibacterial Formula to kill germs, clean messes
- Hypoallergenic and enriched with skin-conditioning aloe
- Perfect for quick clean-ups of dirt and messes
9. Early Reader Books & Flash Cards
Early reading books are the key to successfully starting to teach your child how to read. Using books that are too advanced will overwhelm your child and will make it hard to encourage their step by step progression in to reading. Flash cards are also a great way to star with beginning sounds and simple words.
Game cards also allow children to develop thinking, decision-making, turn-taking, and social skills while playing fun games at the same time.
Brighter Child Flash Cards:Phonics
- Flash Cards offer children a fun way and easy way to practice their vowel sounds, consonants, and blending skills.
- The set features 54 full-color cards with illustrations that help reinforce phonics, letter recognition, and reading readiness skills.
- A special card also offers creative game ideas designed to reinforce learning.
- Comes in other options: first words and alphabet
- Low Price
10. Rewards Board
As you already know gettings kids to do what you want them to do is quite a challenge sometimes. As they grow older you can start the rewards program. You can put daily and weekly tasks on the board and put rewards stickers for accomplishing the goals. You can start with small weekly rewards and as you progress you can start working towards bigger monthly rewards and so on. The rewards do not have to be gifts but can be something like watching extra tv or playing a favourite game, be creative.
ENCOURAGES RESPONSIBILITY – rewards kids for demonstrating positive behavior, motivate and acknowledge kids who are trying to change their behavior
The best boards can be reused and are designed for multipurpose.
Premium Children Magnetic Reward Chore Chart
- Good for multiple children up to 4
- MAGNETIC WHITEBOARD – light weight, easy to hang, 448 green, pink, blue and yellow stars, 18 activity magnets + 3 blank ones, write and dry erase marker, bright images help to attract and retain children’s attention
- SAFE AND RELIABLE HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS – tested and approved with a Children’s Product Certificate by CPSC
A good place to buy kids shoes are the outlets.