The time has come when your little baby is all grown up and is going to the 1st grade. Surprisingly enough there still things to discover to help your little flower bloom. This list could be applied to all the primary grades. This is not a school supplies list.
1. Good Backpack
Selecting a good backpack will be an important part of the child’s first year at school. Selecting something too big or too small, not strong enough, not stylish enough, etc will have an impact. Most importantly keep quality, size and convenience in mind but let your child participate in the purchasing process. At least give them 3-5 options that you have already pre-filtered to choose from so that they will part of the decision making process.
When it comes to backpacks it a really personal choice this is just an example. You got to also think about brands and budgets before making your decission.
Leaper Girls Canvas Backpack 3 Pcs
- HIGH QUALITY&DURABLE MATERIAL:Quantity: Laptop Backpack + Shoulder bag + Pen case (3 PCS).
- DIMENSIONS: Travel backpack: 11inchLx16.4inchHx5.2inchD / 28cmLx42cmHx13.5cmD; capacity: 25-30L; compatible for a laptop up to 14”. Laptop Compartment Dimensions: 10.4″Lx11.2″Hx0.3″D. Messenger Bag: 7.7inchLx8.5inchH / 20cmLx22cmH. Purse: 7.1inchLx4.4inchH / 18cmLx11.5cmH. Weight: 0.72KG.
- MULTIPLE STORAGE PURPOSE
- STYLE&DESIGN: This sturdy canvas backpack has padded straps for comfort, padded cushion protection for laptop or tablet and padded cushion to protect your back when you carry something heavy.
2. Running Shoes -no shoe lasses
When I was doing my back to school shopping, I was buying nice shoes. After 2 weeks at school I realized that nice shoes and school do not go together, all she needed was a few pairs of running shoes. Unless you want to spend lots of money on shoes through the year, do not let your child wear them to school. The playground and the grounds around the school are not a good mix for fancy shoes, save those for after school parties. I have spent many afternoons trying to wash and save those shoes but with no results.
Running shoes are similar to backpacks their final choice depends on your style and price. This is just an example of a good shoe.
NIKE REVOLUTION 3 SE
- Mesh upper has no-sew overlays for a snug, breathable fit
- Articulated foam midsole for lightweight cushioning and a natural feel
- Rubber pods on the outsole for traction and durability
- Deep flex grooves promote natural motion
- Hook-and-loop strap for a locked-down fit
Outlets malls are a great place to buy shoes.
3. Track Pants
If you thought your princess will be wearing lots of dresses to school, once gain news flash they are not school friendly. Until mid-October she might wear a dress since the weather is still relatively warm but the playground is no place for a fancy dress. Comfortable, warm and durable track pants are your child’s and yours new best friend. Luckily today track pants are in style and are considered stylish.
GIRLS ROOTS SALT AND PEPPER ORIGINAL SWEATPANT
- Original sweatpant made from our classic fleece
- Elastic bottom
- Made from 55% cotton/45% polyester fleece
Winners/Marshall and outlet mall are a great place to buy fashionable pants on a budget.
4. Snow Pants
Snow pants are very important for Canadian winters. Features to consider: warm, light, easy to put for a child on their own, washable and quick drying.
Columbia YOUTH ADVENTURE RIDE BIB
- Omni-Tech waterproof breathable and critically seam sealed for excellent protection from wet weather
- Insulated for warmth
OUTGROWN™ grow system allows you to extend the pant leg cuffs to accommodate for growth over multiple seasons
- Adjustable waist for comfort and fit
- Hammerhead reinforced seat, knees and cuff guards
- Adjustable elastic suspenders
- Shell: Omni-Tech 100% nylon Legacy twill, 100% poly Hammerhead III
Lining: 100% nylon 210T taffeta
Insulation: 100% polyester Microtemp, 100g
Consider buying in the end of the season to get discounts, the only issue is sizes are limited.
5. Water proof Mittens
A few good pairs of water-proof mittens are also very important in Canada. Make sure to put name labels on these as they are guaranteedto get lost. Features to consider: waterproof, washable, can be attached to each other, adjustable and insulated.
N’Ice Caps Kids Easy On Velcro
- M Thinsulate insulation to keep warm in cold weather
- Waterproof lining and gusset insert under velcro wrap
- Adjustable velcro wrap and elastic under wrist for easy-on wear
- Fleece trimmed cuff
- Comes in various colors and sizes.
6. File folders
If you have a filing cabinet, make sure to have a special section for the school papers. If you do not have a filling cabinet or you want to have a portable solution, a plastic folder with many sections to keep all the paperwork organized.
Another option is to get a portable plastic filling box that could store thousands of papers and used for more than just grade one.
Pettom Expandable Portable
- Material: High quality Polypropylene (PP) material , Not easy to break and deformation.
- Size : 13.11″ x 9.17″ x 1.22″ , which makes it suitable for daily filing and storing of documents; Fit A4 Size and Letter Size. It can hold approximately 400 sheets.
- Style: 12 pockets, along small colored labels which helps classify and organize files easily with a stylish appearance.
- With 2 Business Card Pockets , can put the business card or writing paper .
7. Warm and easy to zip winter jacket
School winter jacket does not need to be fancy and super expensive, those should be left for after school. School friendly winter jacket should be: warm, light, washable, durable, have a hood that can be closed without a scarf, warm internal lining, secondary closures beside the main zipper and waterproof.
COLUMBIA GIRLS NORDIC STRIDER™ JACKET
- Omni-Heat™ thermal reflective
- Omni-Tech™ waterproof/breathable critically seam sealed
- Insulated, 150gsm
- Attached, adjustable storm hood
- Micro fleece lined hood
- Elastic at waist
- OUTGROWN™ grow system
- Removable faux fur
8. Hand Sanitizer Spray
By age 6 kids can use sprays to sanitize their hands and the need for the more expensive wipes is eliminated. Purchase a few bottles one for the lunch bag, gym bag and one for your purse. There are many options now that are healthier than the traditional alcohol based formulas.
Honest Company Hand Sanitizer Spray
- The all-natural, plant-based formula of a quick-dry hand-sanitizing spray kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria, while moisturizing aloe prevents redness and chapping.
- Free of tricolsan, benzalkonium chloride, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, glycol, chlorine, formaldehyde and petrochemicals.
- 2 oz.
9. Wall Schedule
By the time your child is in school, you might already have more children and keeping track of all their activities, trips, birthday parties becomes a headache. Electronic applications are great but the old wall schedule is still very helpful. It is visual and children will be able to keep track of their activities.
Large Chalkboard Calendar Wall Decal with List Planner
- 16″ x 32″ chalkboard calendar, Self-Adhesive Month Planner, designed for use with traditional chalk sticks as well as chalk markers
- 40% larger boxes for writing than other leading brands, an extra large to-do list, and a flashy retro style design.
- Easy to apply, easy to write-on, easy to clean, and easy to remove
10. Achievements/Awards Display
It is a great idea to designate an area in the house or in the child’s room to showcase all their achievements in school and after school activities; whether they are small or big. This will encourage your kids to try harder and add more trophies to the collection. There are a number of options to include: Cork Board, Picture Frames, Small Shelf and Medal Hooks. Start with Cork Board as it is the cheapest and easiest options and as you get more variety of awards keep adding to your display collection.
Wall Printed Cork Board
- Includes four matching pins
- Easy to hang
- 17. 25-inch by 24. 25-inch