Finger foods are an important part of your baby’s first year. There are many options in most grocery stores but not all of them are healthy options.
You have to carefully look at the ingredients and the nutritional facts when you first start shopping. One new thing to watch is to reduce the consumption of soy lecithin due it’s negative effects. You can read about it here Read More
Start finger foods around 6 month, once your baby starts eating solid foods, do not wait too long. Start small and slowly introduce other foods as you see a good progress has been established.
Keep in mind that as you introduce new foods different allergies can come up: dairy, grains, nuts, as well as other some fruits such as strawberries.
Good ingredients, organic if possible:
- Sea Salt
- Whole grain
- Sunflower oil
There is more to baby snacks than baby MUMMUM.
Is your baby/toddler ready?
Your toddler may be ready for other snacks when he or she:
- Stands alone and begins to walk alone
- Feeds self easily with fingers
- Uses jaw to mash food with gums
- Bites through a variety of textures
Why Cheerios are a great snack option:
Consumer Reports agrees that Cheerios is one of the best cereals for kids. Low in sugar and high in whole-grain oats, it’s a win-win. It also contains 40% of the daily value (DV) of iron, which is important for growing children (especially toddlers).
Cereal Stats: Whole grains: 16g, Sugar: 1g, Fiber: 3g
Whole Grain Gluten-Free Oats, Corn Starch, Sugar, Salt, Trisodium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Monoglycerides, Tocopherols Vitamins & Minerals: Iron, Folate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6).
2. Gerber puffs
- Why PUFFS are a good choice?
- Their size and texture was designed by experts to encourage early chewing
- The star shape isn’t a happy coincidence – the special ridges allow for more contact in baby’s mouth, so they start to dissolve right away
- The star shape also makes them easy to pick up so they’re perfect for pincer practice
- They’re a fun touch and taste experience for baby’s senses
- There’s no added salt
- They’re an excellent source of important nutrients, like iron+ and zinc+
- They’re made with whole grain
- They don’t make much mess – no bib required
They come in 6 flavours:
1st Puffs, Sweet Potato, Peach, Potato, Strawberry Apple, Blueberry Vanilla
Puffs are made entirely from non-GMO ingredients.
RICE FLOUR†, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR†, WHEAT STARCH†, SUGAR*, WHOLE GRAIN OAT FLOUR†, DRIED APPLE PURÉE†, NATURAL BANANA FLAVOUR*, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS*, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN†, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE†, ZINC SULPHATE†, ELECTROLYTIC IRON†, CARAMEL* AND TURMERIC† (COLOUR).
3. GERBER LIL’ CRUNCHIES
- Easy to chew and swallow
- Easy for toddlers to pick up
- Made with 100% whole grain corn
- Baked with delicious “big kid” tastes that toddlers love
Comes in 4 Flavours:
- Veggie Dip
- Apple Sweet Potato
- Mild Cheddar
- Zesty Tomato
WHOLE GRAIN YELLOW CORN FLOUR, SUNFLOWER OIL, SEASONING (CORN MALTODEXTRIN, TOMATO, SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVOUR, PAPRIKA EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, CALCIUM STEARATE).
4. GERBER Toddler Snacks FRUIT & VEGGIE MELTS
- Made with real fruit and vegetables
- 1 toddler serving of fruit and vegetables per 7g
- Source of vitamin A & C
- Contains only naturally occurring sugars
- Easy to chew and swallow
- Re-sealable pouch for freshness and easy to take on-the-go
- Contains only naturally occurring sugars from real fruit and vegetable purées and juices
Comes in 2 Flavours:
- Very Berry
BUTTERNUT SQUASH PURÉE, APPLE PURÉE, BANANA PURÉE CONCENTRATE, MANGO PURÉE CONCENTRATE, YELLOW CARROT JUICE CONCENTRATE, PINEAPPLE PURÉE, WHITE GRAPE JUICE CONCENTRATE, TAPIOCA STARCH, CARROT JUICE CONCENTRATE, GELATIN, NATURAL FLAVOUR, LACTIC ACID ESTERS OF MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, CITRIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID, PINEAPPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE, ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, STRAWBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE.
5. Disney Brothers All Natural Fruit Crisps
100% natural freeze dried fruits
No added sugar, preservatives, or artificial coloring
2 servings of fruit per bag
Comes in 3 flavours: Banana & Strawberry, Pear and Apple.
Unlike other dried fruits, Brothers-All-Natural Disney Fruit Crisps contain the same nutrition as fresh fruits. All of our products are freeze dried from 100% all natural fresh fruit.